Thursday 26 March 2009

Out With The Old And In With The New? Er, No Actually.

If rumours are to be believed then looking at autumn’s ad campaign one could be forgiven for thinking they’d be transported back to 1990. Except, maybe without pastel shell suits and New Kids On The Block, thank God.

We’re facing the return of the supermodel. Yves Saint Laurent’s Stefano Pilati is intent on bringing back the 1990’s leading ladies. His past campaigns have included Claudia Schiffer, Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss, and now it’s the turn of American former supermodel Christy Turlington. And to be honest, thank God, it’s about time. If I have to open another fashion magazine to be confronted by Pixie Geldof’s vacuous face, I’ll probably be more tempted to use it as a dartboard than admire her ‘innovative’ sense of style. I’m beyond sick of celebuspawn brats clogging covers. If I see another one staring blankly at me from my local’s newsagent’s shelf I might actually pick it up, storm over to the till, all arms waving and have a rant at the unsuspecting man behind the counter. Then I’d never be able to go back in there, and that would be a shame. I like my local newsagents. They have everything in there. Particularly mini rolls.

So, seriously Pixie and co. leave it to the professional, okay? Thank you.


Turlington in her hey day.


Supermodel Cindy set to make a comeback.


Claudia hasn't left the modelling scene since she first started.


You are not a model. God. Thinking you are just makes you extra annoying.



And finally, Adriana Lima, because I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment