Friday 27 March 2009

Going, Going, Gone

Supermodel, Texan and Alexander Wang muse Erin Wasson held a garage sale last Saturday that I would have actually chopped my own arm off to attend. I'm not joking.



The 'garage' sale was held in her boyfriend's LA boutique Rogue Status so not exactly a garage but oh well. Erin wanted to rid herself of wardrobes past and donated anything that hadn't been worn for 6 months. "My style has gotten a lot simpler and now that I'm designing, I want to wear my own stuff." All proceeds of the sale went to an animal charity. Girl after my own heart. The sale included "Balenciaga, Givenchy, Burberry and Chanel and a sizeable cache of Marc Jacobs" with nothing priced over $100 and much for $20.  Oh. My. God. Chanel for a tenner?! I may actually have even swam to LA if I could do more than the doggy paddle.

Chaos was expected and as soon as the frothing at the mouth (probably) bargain hunters got through the doors, the racks were cleared within minutes- a pair of Balenciaga shoes given to Erin personally by Nicholas Ghesquiere sold within seconds. 

I'm afraid I can't write anymore, I'm overcome with envy, but if this ever happens in London then I'm setting up a campsite outside.


The only things left on the racks after 5 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Are you SERIOUS?! Why oh why do no British models ever do this...imagine if Kate Moss did. That would be incredible.

    ReplyDelete