Wednesday 11 March 2009

Only The Loot Can Make Me Happy

If anyone reads this blog, apologies for it being lazy recently. I've been forcing myself to finish a piling mountain of literature reviews and exit dossiers and things of that nature, all equaling one thing, severe banality and boredom. But never fear, with them out of the way (until the looming hell that is dissertation finally catches up with me) I can again concentrate on the frivolity of fashion. Yay!

So, I've had a birthday recently. I usually would never mention this as it means getting older and the onslaught of that first dreaded wrinkle, but I'll make an exception in this case. Only because birthday money is so fun and ensures a guilt free splurge. Result. Below are the fruits of my labour, shopping labour that is.



I've been on the hunt for a navy blazer for ages, and this Urban Outfitters one just about doesn't make me look like a schoolgirl in a policeman's jacket. The skirt is a version of the Topshop photographic floral dress that sold out in a nano second a few weeks ago, and of course I had to get some more brogues as my love affarir with them continues. I know the striped shirt looks a little like pyjamas/a jail shirt, but O like it anyway. I plan on wearing the gold sandals when the weather gets warmer in about five months. Or never. Maybe I was a bit too eager there.



These sequin leggings were bought on a whim from eBay and may be a huge mistake. It has crossed my mind that I could end up looking like a member of the McQueen family from Hollyoaks. We shall see...




I'm loving tulip shaped skirts at the moment, hence the stipy number, and I'm also having a sock fetish.

Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. I love the shirt! And as long as you don't wear the sequin leggings with leopard print and hoop earrings you should avoid the Jacqui vibe.
    Good luck with your work (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog, and I am hereby complaining^^
    Keep blogging, you've made me interested!
    _maja :)

    ReplyDelete