Wednesday 25 February 2009

Roll up for the pyjama party

Fashion has always had a love/hate relationship with practicality – Gareth Pugh sending a model stumbling down the catwalk with a shiny square box for a head, or Viktor and Rolf’s experimental fashion shows anyone?

While I’ve always loved the weird and wonderful in fashion, I’m not sure I’m on board with the latest trend making the runway rounds, silk pyjama suits and trousers - but worn as outerwear, obviously. These shiny wares have been seen on the catwalks of Marni and Louis Vuitton and have graced every fashion magazine’s pages in the latest Dolce and Gabbana ads, all translating to the fact that they’re going to be on every style savvy individual’s wish list this spring.


I’m sure they’re very comfy, but what with the typical English weather they may not be the most practical attire for nipping to Sainsburys for the paper. And when not even Jessica Alba can get it right, you know this is a trend to steer clear of. Even though Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana say there is nothing better to slip into than gentlemen’s silk pyjamas, I think I’ll leave them to Hugh Hefner.

No comments:

Post a Comment