Monday 23 February 2009

A Black Mood


San Francisco born designer Alexandra Groover was the next to show in the Vauxhall Fashion Scout tent. The show was 45 minutes late to start so I stood outside the doors mourning my blistered feet (a curse on you, high heels) and taking in the crowd, a host of Hoxton-esque scenesters, all trying to out-cool each other.

When the doors finally opened we all poured in and I watched a few ambitious scenesters nick the goody bags off the front row, good idea! The lights dimmed and the models strutted out, all dressed in Groover's signature black. As before, it was all about the volume. Models twirled to show off the movement of the clothes, as dresses made from strpis of material that looked like they'd been through a paper shredder a couple of times whirred around the catwalk. Personally I found the clothes altogether uninspiring, probably to do with the dull, predictable palette. I wasn't too keen on Grim Reaper-esque hoods either. My only standout favourite was the black satin harem trousers that look set to be huge in the coming months. They're going to be my new leather leggings...

No comments:

Post a Comment